Personal Information Protection Guidelines
Enacted on May 28, 2005
Revised on Sep 30, 2006
Revised on July 31, 2012
COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE
COMIKET INC. and COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE shall comply with the laws and regulations as well as the Personal Information Protection Guidelines herein.
- Acquisition of Personal Information
COMIKET INC. shall use appropriate means when acquiring personal information.
- The Purpose of Acquiring/Utilizing Personal Information
COMIKET INC. shall use personal information for the following purposes of sales exhibitions and other events hosted by COMIKET INC.. Personal information will never be used beyond these purposes unless otherwise agreed to by the person himself/herself, or unless such other purposes are permitted under the Act on Protection of Personal Information or other relevant laws and regulations.
- Information processing related to operation of the sales exhibitions or event and to management/regulation of its participating Doujinshi Circles.
- Communication with the participating Circles for making announcements, asking questions and/or requesting their cooperation.
- Providing information and requesting cooperation for issuance of various publications.
- Publishing/posting the following personal information in catalogues issued by COMIKET INC. and on the web system run by COMIKET INC.: e-mail addresses etc. used for web registration, and the information on Circle Cuts including Doujinshi titles, circle names, and any personal names incorporated in these titles/names.
- Operations and works incidental to the events and other objectives herein.
- Sharing the Personal Information
COMIKET INC. shall share the personal information with COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE as specified below and shall comply with the Act on Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations.
- The scope of the joint user the individuals responsible for the management of the personal data : Kaoru Yasuda, Yoshiyuki Fudetani and Koichi Ichikawa, "the Co- Representatives of COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE"
- The items of personal data used jointly: all of the personal information held by COMIKET INC.
- The pur(s) : COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE
- The name ofpose for which the personal data is used by them: matches to those for COMIKET INC.
- Security Control of Personal Information
COMIKET INC. and COMIC MARKET COMMITTEE shall take appropriate security control measures for prevention of disclosure, loss, and/or damage of the personal information through their internal operating structures and personnel education.
- Disclosure, Correction, and Other Complaints etc. Concerning Personal Information
When COMIKET INC. receives a request for correction, a request for disclosure, a complaint, or other communication from a person concerning his/her personal information, upon his/her identity verification, COMIKET INC. will take action in accordance with the Act on Protection of Personal Information with sincerity and without undue delay. When such requests etc. do not satisfy the conditions required by the Act on Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, or where there is a legitimate reason for not disclosing the information under the said act or other laws and regulations, the request etc. may not be complied$B!!(Bwith. Please note that a fee may be charged for disclosure.
- Inquiry Contact
Please direct suggestions, complaints, questions, and inquiries concerning handling of personal information to;
For disclosure and other procedures, please refer to "Disclosure and other procedures concerning $B!F(BPersonal Information Protection Guidelines$B!G(B." ( only in Japanese)
- Personal Information Team
- Post Resonate at Ikenoue-ekimae Post Office
- 2-42-11 Daizawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 155-0032 JAPAN
- Continuous Improvement
COMIKET INC. shall review and make continued efforts to improve its own handling of personal information, and as such the Guidelines herein may be revised as necessary.
- Nature of this English Translation
This translation is tentative and the Japanese Version governs in the case where there is a discrepancy or dispute in interpretation.
Return to Japanese Index Page
Return to English Index Page
[Since: May 28 2005] [Last updated: Jul 31 2014]